The safety of my students and staff is the highest priority. I consult with my students who are on the front lines of this disease as to how to best safely continue training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu during this pandemic. We are holding classes for kids and adults at this time.
Here are the current list of precautions we have implemented
- Masks. We follow state mandated mask policies for students and instructors. This includes our students who are starting out at 4 years old.
- We are operating at reduced capacity.
- We have one of the best ventilated academies out there. Our building is equipped with three new 6-ton air conditioning units which should give air changes every 5 minutes which is beyond CDC guidelines for even most hospital settings. 3 doors are kept open with weather permitting. We asked our HVAC servicing company to open the dampers to allow more outside air into the units.
- Appointment only. Students are on a set schedule, by appointment only and grouped by their schedule.
- Screening. Students are checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer before entering the building and asked about any symptoms.
- We sanitize the mats between each class and have students use a foot washing station before stepping on the mats.
- We limit spectators to parents checking out the first week of kids classes. Some parents do watch the classes from outside.
- We have adjusted the schedule to allow for a 10 to 15 minute change over window to allow for the air to clear.
- Zoom classes are available for students who wish to participate from home.
- Locker rooms and bathrooms are for emergency only as per state guidelines.
- Students who have traveled out of state, competed or trained at other academies are asked to stay out of the academy for 7 days.